We fulfill our mission by working with top educators, developing and supporting content creation for our multimedia courses. We assist our faculty partners with marketing, distribution, logistics, strategic planning, fundraising, and hosting of online courses.
Since 2013, we have led twenty-eight professional development events for over 500 teachers. To date, Certell’s Common Sense Economics course is used in more than 130 classrooms and reaches approximately 12,000 students, and growing.
We are developing courses to adapt materials and our unique “Read, Watch, Listen, Do” approach to promote a multicultural perspective on key concepts in economics, government, history, and related subjects.
Common Sense Economics for Life
Common Sense Economics for Life (CSE1000) is available for both students and educators as a credit-based course. The course is available as a one-semester combined economics course, or as a full year of both economics and personal finance. The Common Sense Economics course material can be used in part at all grade levels. The full course material is designed to encompass the exact needs of any type of student from homeschoolers looking for high school or dual enrollment credit, to adult learners looking to expand their economic reasoning skills. Click below to enroll or learn more about any of these opportunities! In addition to Common Sense Economics (CSE1000), Certell also offers Micro- and Macro-Economics (CSE1001) and Common Sense Personal Finance (CSE1002). Please see the Common Sense Economics Adopt Curriculum block below for more details on these products.
Register To Take A Course
Common Sense Economics for Life – Student Course
- A one semester, high school course in economic reasoning and practical personal finance
- Takes approximately 80 hours to complete
- Meets national standards in economics and Personal finance
Common Sense Economics for Life – Educator Only Course
- Recommended for teachers who have adopted or are interested in adopting CSE course materials.
- Teachers may qualify for 45 hours of professional development credit; and/or undergraduate or graduate credit.
- Meets national standards for a high school or introductory college level Economics course
$125.00Only for a limited time!
Common Sense Economics (MOOC)
- A Massive Open Online MOOC version of the full CSE for Life class
- Self-paced and takes about 15 hrs. to complete
- Offered three times a year, starting on October, February and June
- You can earn badges
Resources For Your Classroom
Common Sense Economics for Life – Preview Course
- Peek inside the course in the Moodle LMS to sample the materials and see how the course is structured
Common Sense Economics Adopt Curriculum
- CSE1000-combined one semester economics and personal finance
- CSE1001- one semester micro and macro economics
- CSE1002- one semester personal practical finance
- Modules available in: Blackboard, Canvas and Moodle formats
- Face to Face format
Free CSE eBook for classroom use
- 2016 Common Sense Economics: What Everyone Should Know about Wealth and Prosperity edition in eBook format.
- Free for all U.S. and Canadian Teachers or Educators
- Free for individuals elsewhere in the world
- Register to get free eBook today
- Each of your students can get a free copy through your registration and order code
Common Sense Government
Certell is currently working with Strata Policy to develop an Innovative new course in American Government. It will meet national standards for high school government courses, as well as be appropriate for an introductory college course in American politics.
We are currently recruiting teachers to pilot the materials in their classrooms this fall. If you are a classroom teacher and would like more information on piloting the course for us, sign up NOW.
We intend to offer the course directly to homeschool students in the spring.
Common Sense Government
- Teachers, sign up to pilot our beta version of Common Sense Government for the fall 2016 semester. We are working hard to take your feedback and improve the course. As a piloteer, you are asked to give weekly feedback on the course materials. Please sign up now, and a representative of Certell will contact you within 1-2 business days to discuss the requirements of the pilot.
- Recommended for Students who may only take one U.S. Government course in their life
- Meets national standards for a high school or introductory college level Government course
- Teachers sign up to apply to pilot the course in the fall of 2016