Study Break: Binge-worthy TV for Class
There is also plenty of content that is worthy of your classroom (PBS’s The Vietnam War is a recent example). Check out some of these examples.
- Schoolhouse Rock – great for younger students, would you use this for high schoolers?
- HBO’s John Adams – Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson. Why is it important to illustrate how and why Adams and Jefferson differed?
- The Simpsons – Lewis and Clark
- History Channel – Herbert Hoover
- AMC’s The American West – Jesse James
Sometimes television shows do parodies on actual events:
Which television shows do you use in your classroom? Which ones do you no longer use and why? Please start the conversation on Facebook!