Feb. 14 is Valentine’s Day.
Love is usually thought of as something outside economics, but of course a lot of exchange goes on within a loving relationship, as well.
Watch the video, and then answer the following questions:
- Do you like to prank? Is pranking a sign of affection? If so, why?
- Most of the pranks involved scaring the person. In some cases, the recipient wasn’t expecting a gift. What was the intended consequence of pranking? What do you think some of the unintended results might have been?
- Why were men the prankers? Does that say something about the nature of Valentine’s Day exchanges?
- Insurance is a way of protecting against risk. Do you think any of the prankers took out “insurance” in the form of another gift? What would they have been risking, if they didn’t do so?
- What about Jimmy Kimmel? Was he risking anything?
2, Feb. 2018, Valentine Hearts [Digital image]. Retrieved from <google.com>.